Where does my gift go?

Donations to HSPVA Friends support a broad list of needs at the Kinder High School for the Performing and Visual Arts. Your donation directly funds teaching personnel, daily curriculum support, access to national competitions, cutting-edge equipment and technology, production support, and college and summer program scholarships for Kinder HSPVA students.

May I give in honor or in memory of someone?

Yes. Tribute gifts are common at HSPVA Friends, perhaps because so many people have personal connections to Kinder HSPVA. The family or friends you are remembering will find joy and comfort in the knowledge that your donation is providing students with access to arts education. If you provide the family’s contact information, we will let them know that you made a memorial or tribute gift in honor of their loved one.

May I designate my gift for a particular area?

Yes. While we encourage donors to support areas of greatest need by giving an unrestricted contribution, you may designate your gift to be used for a specific program at Kinder HSPVA. HSPVA Friends accepts gifts for the following restricted purposes:

  • Creative Writing
  • Dance
  • Instrumental Music
  • Summer Program Scholarships
  • Theatre
  • Visual Arts
  • Vocal Music

If you have another purpose in mind, email us at info@hspvafriends.org. We will be happy to discuss a number of options with you.

Is my gift tax-deductible?

Yes. HSPVA Friends is a 501(c)(3) organization, and charitable gifts to HSPVA Friends are tax deductible. HSPVA Friends acknowledges every donation with a tax receipt sent to the donor.

May I give a gift of securities?

Yes. Transferring stocks or bonds allows you to make a gift and to receive a charitable deduction equal to the full fair market value of the securities. You pay no capital gains on your gift and neither does HSPVA Friends. Contact HSPVA Friends at 713.874.0087 to discuss this option.

How can I establish an endowment at HSPVA Friends?

HSPVA Friends is fortunate to manage several endowed funds that donors have created to benefit particular Kinder HSPVA programs in perpetuity. It is the policy of HSPVA Friends that endowments begin at no less than $25,000. Contact HSPVA Friends at 713.874.0087 to discuss this option.