PLEASE NOTE: Acting and Musical Theatre Audition Slots are now full.
If you wish to register for a Technical Theatre Audition, please proceed to the form below.
- Please make sure the student’s name appears in exactly the same way on all forms submitted (student, teacher, counselor). Check spelling and typos on the ENTIRE form. We will be printing everything exactly as you submit it.
- Auditions will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis in the order that completed applications are received.
- All three (3) steps (including registration fee) must be complete before an audition will be confirmed.
- Once all steps are complete and submitted, you will receive an audition confirmation within 7-10 days. A confirmation is required in order to participate in the auditions.
- Complete your application early in order to secure your spot at the auditions. The auditions fill up every year. A waiting list will be started once all slots have been allocated.
- There is no limit on the number of students that may audition from a specific school.
To participate in GHAA, a student must:
- Be an enrolled high school senior on track to graduate;
- Have a 2.75 minimum GPA on a 4.0 scale (unweighted);
- Plan to major in theatre in college;
- Be approved by their theatre teacher as a candidate for these auditions; and
- Complete all four (4) steps in the registration process, including paying the $25 registration fee.
STEP 1: 2019 GHAA Student Registration Form
Complete and submit the registration form below, including the $25 registration fee. It will take approximately 20-30 minutes to complete the form.
- The registration form consists of many pages and requires typical theatrical résumé information:
- Personal information including name, address, GPA, etc.
- A headshot photograph to upload into the form (must be 2.5”x 3.125”).
- A list of shows that you have participated in (up to 8).
- A list of theatre courses/workshops that you have taken (up to 7).
- A list of honors, awards, special skills, etc.
- You should have all information ready prior to beginning the form.
- Paying your registration fee online is strongly recommended. Please have credit card information ready.
- You must complete the form and submit it in one online session.
STEP 2: Reference from Theatre Teacher
You must have your school theatre director/teacher or a theatre professional complete the Greater Houston Area Auditions Online Reference Form (you may use a community theatre director, professional acting trainer, etc. for your reference). If you do not have a theatre teacher at your school, you may use any school teacher or administrator as your reference. Your teacher reference may complete the form at: www.hspvafriends.org/ghaateacherrecommendation.
STEP 3: Guidance Counselor Form
You must have your high school guidance counselor fill out and submit the online Greater Houston Area Auditions Guidance Counselor Form with your GPA. Your counselor may complete the form at: www.hspvafriends.org/ghaacounselorform.
STEP 4: Fee
Pay the $25 registration fee.
You must complete all three (3) steps (including submitting the $25 registration fee) listed above in order to be considered for the Greater Houston Area Auditions. To avoid being placed on the wait list, you should complete your application as soon as possible. The auditions fill up each year and a wait list always forms.
Once you have completed all three (3) steps and submitted your registration fee, you will receive a confirmation for participation in the auditions or a wait list notification. Please allow within 7-10 days for processing. (This formal confirmation is different than the automated one you will immediately receive after submitting your online registration form.)
If you do not receive a confirmation or wait list notification within 10 days after you believe all forms and fee have been submitted, send us an email.
Audition Schedule Information
- 10:00am – Doors open for Program Representatives to register and set up exhibit tables and callback rooms.
- 11:30am-12:30pm – Design/Technical Theatre Round-Robin Auditions
- 12:00pm-1:00pm – Lunch
- 1:00pm – Musical Theatre Auditions
- 1:00pm – Design/Technical callbacks begin
- 2:30pm – Acting Auditions
- 2:30pm – Musical Theatre callbacks begin
- 4:00pm – Auditions end
- 4:00pm – Callbacks for all areas
- 6:00pm – Callbacks conclude
Auditions will be done in groups according to the schedule above. Audition times cannot be changed for any reason and we do not take requests for specific audition times, no exceptions. You must report on time for check-in, and be ready to audition at your call time.
Please plan on staying for callbacks, which may last until 6:00pm, depending on the number of callbacks that you receive.
Preparing for the Auditions
Please review the Rules and Advice for complete information on getting ready for your audition, including material selection, slate, dress, and more.
You will receive final instructions for the event on or before November 18, 2019.
Kinder High School for the Performing and Visual Arts is centrally located in the heart of downtown Houston.
790 Austin Street
Houston, Texas 77002
Visitor parking is not available in the school garage for any reason. You may take advantage of street parking, which is free on Sundays (check signs and meters for restrictions). You may also make use of the many parking garages and lots located around the campus.